Q: Where will the Yard Sale begin? The Highway 80 Corridor runs from the Alabama state line on the east at Phenix City to the state line on the west at Cuba. Yard Sales may be held in any of the cities and communities along Highway 80 and, in cluster communities to the north or south of the Highway 80 Corridor. You might decide to jump on board at any point in between.
Q:What time do the sales begin? Vendors can choose when they want to begin, but typically vendors are active by 8:00 a.m. and operate until the evening depending on traffic.
Q: How will people find the yard sales along the route? Once a visitor arrives on the sale route, he/she will not have to look hard to find a sale! The route will be well marked with signs, and maps will be available. Some areas will have large groups of vendors, others may be scattered along the roadside. In some instances, you may travel for several miles without seeing a yard sale due to distances between homes on country roads. Yard sales can be found at homes, businesses, on side streets adjacent to the route, and in wide open spaces or fields along the sale route.
Q: How long will it take to get from one yard sale to another? The length of time depends on how disciplined you are and how much ground you want to cover in one day. If you stop at every sale, then it may take some time. Check out the website and pre-plan. Decide in advance how much time you want to spend in each area and stick with your plan.
Q: Is there lodging available along the Yard Sale route, and should I make reservations? Yes, there will be accommodations along the route. (Please check here for lodging info.) Download the brochure here.
- Drive a large vehicle as you never know what oversize treasures you might find.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and repellant to protect yourself from the elements.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing and drink plenty of fluids. You might be doing a lot of walking, and activities can drain you before you know it.
- Many vendors don’t take credit cards or checks, so bring CASH.
- Get out early to get the bargains! Though there will be many vendors who sell all day long, you’ll be competing with many other shoppers. The good stuff goes quickly!
- Be cautious of other vehicles. You will often find yourself looking off on the sides of the road at the sales, and the car in front of you might come to a quick stop. Be alert! Watch for pedestrians.
- Make sure your car is far enough off the road so as not to be a danger to you to others.